Post Chemical Peel Care
After undergoing a glycolic acid peel procedure, our clients are immediately treated with several post chemical peel care serums to nourish and pamper their skin. These are applied immediately following a glycolic acid peel because the micro-channels in the skin are opened and the nutrients will be well absorbed into the skin.
We recommend several post chemical peel care products for post-procedure care as chemical peels, non-ablative laser, IPL or other facial procedures may cause mild irritation. They can also increase skin sensitivity to UV light. The follow-on immediate post-procedure treatment and products for home care use are thus essential to speed up recovery of damaged skin and also maintain the skin condition.
Day 1 to Day 4
- Wash the face with a gentle (non-glycolic acid) cleanser.
- Apply a toner to double-cleanse and condition the skin in preparation for proper absorption of serums.
- Apply 3 times a day TDF C-Scape Serum, B5 Hydrating Essence and Quick Recovery Cream.
- In case of crusting, DO NOT pick on the crust but continue applying Quick Recovery Cream to moisturise the crust and allow it to fall off by itself.
- Avoid direct sun exposure at all times and apply PA+++ UVA/UVB SPF50+ Sunscreen before any sun exposure.
Day 5 Onwards
- Wash the face with the recommended cleanser appropriate for your skin type.
- Apply a recommended toner appropriate for your skin type.
- Apply TDF C Scape (vitamin C serum) to face and neck.
- Enhance the effects of the chemical peel with a glycolic acid containing product.
- Hydrate the skin using TDF Age Defense System’s B5 Hydrating Essence or a recommended moisturiser for your skin type.
- Use PA+++ UVA/UVB SPF50+ Sunscreen when necessary (during daytime and when going outdoors)
TDF Age Defense System’s Day Rejuvenation Complex SPF 20 (recommended for Dry and Ageing Skin) may be used during the day for Steps 4, 5 and 6 above.
More detailed product information may be found at www.achemicalpeel.com
If you have any questions, please ask us below. Thank you!